Light Whispering Thoughts

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Let Them Eat Cake!!

Hullo Everyone!

I thought I'd try to write a new blog once a week, a strange goal, but hey it will give you all something to read. Plus I love reading my comments, it makes me feel a little more connected to everyone.

I wasen't sure what to write about this week so I thought I'd dive into the whole wedding cake thing since I am getting married in 5 months, it seemed fitting. Our wedding cake is actually being made for us for free! How awesome is that? Funny enough, out of all the wedding stuff Mark and I have not seen eye to eye on how we want our cake to look. Mark wants something elegant, while I want something more crazy and funky *lol*. Is there a middle ground? The main reason I want a funky cake, is so that everyone would remember it. A reaction like, "Oh my gosh!! Did you see that cake! What were they thinking?!" is sorta what I was going for. So we need a cake that is semi-elegant, but that also has a flare of bright colourful Kathyiness to it. Any suggestions?? I guess I could put bright flowers around the cake to spice it up. I also need to sit down with the lady who is making our cake and see what kinda of cakes she is able to make. Here are some pictures of a few cakes that caught my eye. It's was kinda of fun to look at different cakes! Michaels actually has a cake decorating course. I might want to sign up for one of them ,one of these days. Hehe, can you imagine how much icing and cake I would get in my hair? I think it would be a blast!




Cake 1: Loving the chocolate :)


Cake 2: Feathers, how interesting. Dreamy looking cake.




Cake 3: Awww...it's so cute and girly:)





Cake 4: Okay, okay this one may be too funcky!



Cake 5: I like this one. It's earthy tones are kinda of appealing!


Cake 6: Another One For the Chocolate Lovers!

Cake 7: Reminds me of granny smith apples:)






9 Comments:

Blogger footsack said...

I think the marshmallow and feathers is very pretty. It does look dreamy and it's pink so that is great.
I don't mind the polk-a-dot one either.
Hopefully you can decide on one together. :)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

i think the feathers and the marshmallows are fun and elegant too, and pink!
I like it.
Good luck on the decisions.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Wow I can't spell! I'm a shame to all college and univesity students *lol*. Funky is what I meant ;)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Wedding planning has been fun so far :)I'm sure picking the cake will be fun too...So far my wedding is turning into a very pink affair! But hey, I'm a pink kinda girl.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Cindi said...

Hey Kathy! I really like the polka dot cake. A compromise that might work would be to go with the polka dots, but do flowers and the traditional cake topper instead of the bows. or do bows instead of feathers on cake #2.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh! I like them all... except maybe the crazy one. But that's only because the colors kind of clash and it reminds me of something from Alice in Wonderland (the Disney movie version, anyway). It kind of scares me. But I like the other ones. The little marshmallows are cute! Haha. Nice to see you corrected your own spelling. I was gonna mention it. :P I don't know where I'm gonna get my cake yet. I just know it will be chocolate, have butterflies, and the icing better not be gross, or I won't eat it. We were actually thinking cheesecake. Mmmmm. No icing issues there.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I like the feather one also. But anything with chocolate also works for me.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I have to agree with Carrie on that funky cake and how it reminds me of Alice in Wonderland! haha

I love the dreamy, feathery looking cake :) - very you! hehe

7:18 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks for all your comments guys :) I think the marshmallow cake won for popularity.

Welcome to my blog Cindi:) I have not talked to you in soo long! Good to hear from you :)

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home