I Want a House!

I'm getting really tired of my tiny dark apratment! It is a roof over my head don't get me wrong, but I've lived there for three years! No land of my own. I can't even put plants outside, because I'm on ground level and they would probably get stolen :(
I guess I never realized how lucky I was to grow up on different acreages. Were you could run around on your own yard, play with the dogs, cats, and horses. You could go outside lay on the grass, look at the sky, and not worry about some werido walking by and wondering what the heck you were doing! I miss Alberta (I know you think I'm nuts!) or I should say I miss the country, were you could go outside and not hear the rush of traffic.
My favorite part of Alberta was the Gales old property. I miss the smell of the barns, I miss playing with the barn kittens, I miss riding bareback on trials with Sarah, I miss visitng all the horses, I miss playing with the foals! I loved the privacy and I loved the freedom I felt there. I told Sarah the other day that we should save up and buy her parents old place. Mark and I could live in the apartment above the barn :) I don't know how he would feel about that, but I'd love it!
I was so blessed to grow up and have the experience of living on an acreage with lots of animals. One day I want my own house, on a few acres of land, with a couple horses, dogs, and of course kittens. I want my children, nephews, and nieces to come enjoy the open country.
However I don't want to wait and wait. Can I please have it now? The home...the land...my dream, my joy, my peace, and my freedom.

6 Comments:
I don't blame you formissing country living. It definately is the best.
Yeah, having a house is nice. But having land with a house is better. I have a house... but look at my yard. :(
If it didn't snow or get so cold in Alberta, and if there weren't so many bugs in the summer, I would have never left my farm there. I just wish I could buy here what I had there :( but I'd still rather live here with nothing than out there with everything. That is how much I hate winter.
I want a place of our own too. Just something where I don't have to wake up in the morning with our landlord's landscaper standing in our window, running extremely noisy machinery as he paves over the entire backyard.
I just had a dream about being in West Edmonton Mall. I was there on holidays with everyone, and I ordered Chinese food from the food court and someone stole my food while I was using a pay phone. Weird, eh?? What does this mean :/ *lol*
That dark little apartment smited all my pretty little plants :O
(maybe you could get some pet.. fungi.. or maybe a Gollum)
Sam and I moved out into a nice little apartment overlooking an empty res. lot full of wild grasses & aspen (chubby little duckies come visit when it rains). Houses in this town are crazy expensive, so if you plan to stick in town it might be worth scouring for an upper level apartment while you save up for house action.
Uni & College finish up in a week or two, eh? Best time of the year to take a look about, what with the student exodus :).
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home