Light Whispering Thoughts

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Our Engagement Story :)


I've been so busy with school work that I have not had a chance to post this blog (the one I've been meaning to post ever since I got 'engaged'!) So without any further delays here is our little story. Grab a cup of coffee or a warm hot chocolate and enojy. I mean who doesn't like stories of love and romance.

To those you don't know how we met....

Mark and I actaully met when I was dating someone else. When I met Mark I liked him right away. I was at party that I didn't want to be at and was getting hit on by this creepy guy. Where was my supposed boyfriend at this time? Yeah well we wonder why that relationship didin't last (not one of my shinning moments). Anyway back to the point, Mark saw that I was uncomfortable so he came over and started talking to me. Right away his happy go lucky demeanor made me feel more comfortable and relaxed. He seemed like the sort of friend a person would want. That night we added each other to our MSN's and took one another's phone numbers. The first time we talked on the phone we ended up talking on the phone for three hours! After about a month my previous relationship came to an end and I was extremly depressed and emotional. The evening after the break-up I chatted online to Mark who told me that I ever needed someone to talk to or someone to go to coffee with he'd be there. I didn't have many friends and the thought of moping about my home by myself was depressing. I called him and asked to go for coffee. It felt good to have someone else to talk to and I really enjoyed being with him. We met up alot after that and talked on the phone all the time. After almost 2 months I started to realize that Mark really liked me. I was terrified!! I had just been in a bad relationship and I didn't want things to go to fast. I knew he wanted to date me, but I didn't think I was ready. I talked to my best friend Sarah about this one evening and she told me I was leading Mark on to some degree and treating him like a boyfriend without all the lovey dovey stuff. I then made a decision that I have not regreated to this day. We went to go see a movie at Silver City and right before the show started I asked him when he was going to ask me. He was shocked and confused. "Ask you what?" he said. I quickly responded,"when were you going ask me to be your girlfriend." You should have seen his face lit up. He looked like a kid on Christmas who had just recieved a gift he'd been dreaming about all year. This marked the beginning of our journey.

The Proposal

Remember all the snow? Well it was Monday, Novemeber 27th, 2006 the night Mark proposed. (Mark and I had made Monday's our date nights because niether one of us has to work.) On this particular Monday, Mark had told me that he would make all the plans for the evening. At this point I was unsure if he would propose, but I was really hoping! Anyway he picked me up and we drove very slowly down town (bad weather conditions). He told me that he had made dinner reservations, but we were an hour early so he suggested that we go to dallas road by the ocean. When we parked the car, Mark reached back and picked up a thermos and travelling mugs. He then poured me a cup of hot chocolate, which was so good! While sipping the hot chocolate Mark asked me to keep looking forward while he searched for something in the back seat. He came back with a huge bouquet of red roses with a card. On the envelope of the card it said, "Aren't you going to ask me?". Then I was shaking because I knew what he meant and he then asked me to get out of the car. He got down on one knee in snow and asked me marry him and of course I said, Yes! I was so excited and by this point I'm crying and freezing cold so we got back in the car where I was able to look at the ring he got me, which by the way is beautiful!! After this memorable moment in my life, Mark took me to Japanesse Village for supper and later that evening we rented some movies and went back to my place where we snuggled on the couch and munched on popcorn. I enjoyed every moment of that evening.

I love and respect Mark more and more with each passing day :) I can't imagine life without him. He makes me want to be a better person and for that I am forever gratful. Mark if your reading this, I love you so much!! Thank you for always believing in me. I can't wait to share the rest of my life with you! You mean the world to me :)

It's like that saying goes, "It doesn't matter what you do or where you go in life;. what matters is who's beside you." :) I could not have asked for a better person to share my life with and on August 25th, 2007 Mark and I will be getting married!! It's very exciting and hope everyone will be able to make it ;)

I can't believe I'm getting married!! Oh my gosh I feel old! *LOL* Anyway I hope everyone has an awesome time over the hoildays! To those of you I won't be able to see Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

What, no comments yet?!?!? Come on people! Anyhow...

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Anyhow, love ya Kat! Am so happy for you, and yes the ring is lovely! :) (Good job Mark) Does that mean I can have my big fake one back?? ;) I really do like it...

Merry Christmas!!

You need to come look at my decorations, and we can visit.... when is school over??

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Even though I've heard the story already, I loved reading this post. Love you Kath. Sorry your call didn't come through the other day. I'm always at home or at mom and dads, and my cell reception sucks in both places!!
Talk to you soon, or e mail me if it's easier. Sorry I'm so hard to get a hold of.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwww, Kathy!! *big fat hug* That's soo sweeet, gives me shivers, I'm such a sucker! :P I love the card idea, that was so cute. Nice job, Mark. The ring is pretty, too, nice rock!! I'm so glad you're happy Kathy, you deserve it!! Sooo, did you still want to go to that wedding fair in January? I'd like to, though am not sure I can afford it. I gotta come up with 25% of the catering by then!! Ack!!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks everyone :)

-Carrie the bridal fair is Sunday January 14th...if you could come that would be cool! Tickets are $10-15 per person

8:16 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

The ring is beautiful. And what a wonderful proposal story. I wish you and Mark a Merry Christmas

8:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kath, well, at least the tickets are cheap! I'll have to talk to Kyle... he likely won't be too keen on coming, so maybe I'll take the bus down, as I was intending to do this summer. :P

10:10 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Beautiful ring. Congrats again. Love the proposal story. He sounds wonderful, and I hope you have a fun time planning your wedding. Merry Christmas!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks Auntie Carol and Auntie Susan, you guys have a great Christmas too!

Carrie, you might be able to catch a ride with my parents if you ask, they are coming to Victoria Jan 13th, you could just spend the night here. Or if you're going to come down here on the 14th the train is way better then the bus! Oh and what is your email? I could send you some wedding info. Anyway have a good week!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Congratulations darling!! the ring is gorgeous. Such a cute proposal, i love it!

So happy for you, wishing you the best of luck!


ps: we must go for coffee soon!

Feliz Navidad!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

One of my three email addresses: carrieandkyle@hotmail.com That would be perfect if I could catch a ride with your parents, I don't mind staying the night. YEAH!

10:12 PM  
Blogger footsack said...

Of course I've told you already but whatever. I love the ring. It's beautiful and so is your story.
Love you lots.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home