Light Whispering Thoughts

Saturday, July 08, 2006

What the heck do I want to be doing?


Greetings,

I have come back to blogging after enjoying two wonderful days off :) Not too much has been happening in my life. I have just been doing alot of thinking. I will be finishing my second year of college (2 and half really) and now I am unsure of what I want to pursue. I pretty well have everything I need to get into the three year education program at the UVIC. Do I really want to be a teacher? Kids are really what makes the job so enjoyable, however, unions can get really frustrating, especially when you are forced to go on strikes all the time.

Then again I really do enjoy psychology :) I always get A's in the courses and I think I would really enjoy being a counselor. Either in a school or working from my own practice. I find everything in psychology really interesting. Now, the downside to this is I would have to do at least 6 more years of school to get my doctors (3 and half to get my masters). So that is alot of school at a pretty high price.

My last option would be taking some time off from school and taking some real estate courses. My mother is going into real estate and I could learn alot from her and probably make some really good money, if I know what I am doing. Also another major bonus would be less student loans :) :) But this means I would have to work alot of weekends and I would have to have a cell phone on 24/7. *sigh*

There are just too many choices!! That's it I am going to become a truck driver! Beware all you skinny blondes who like to finger!! *Wahahaha* I will travel everywhere and get a myself a little dog to be my travel companion. Then the two of us will travel the open highway together with nothing in our way; only the wind blowing in our hair...starts singing...' Life's a highway and I want to drive it all night long'....*Grin*

6 Comments:

Blogger footsack said...

Kath, I think you should probably rethink the truck driving :) We are praying for you and hope you find what you want in life and that ALL your dreams come true.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Driving truck, Kathy? Honestly, think about how driving in the city stresses you out. And I don't think your boss will be as understanding when you lose your keys.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find what you want in life, and it will be great. :)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Somehow I can't imagine you being a truck driver. I am sure something will come to you, so don't be discouraged. When one door closed, a new one opens up.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Kath, I think that the best advice I've ever been given about deciding your future was in the form of a question. "If money wasn't a problem and you could just do what you want, what would you do?"
Go that way. Being a counsellor would be great, and pay a good amount and likely pay off the student loans too. I can see you doing both, but maybe not being a trucker, though the puppy may be a good idea for the future!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Okay so the everyone seems to have decided that druck driving is out of the question..*lol*...thanks Mel for your advice :)...I will be seeing a counsellor on Tuesday at Camosun to discuss my options...

10:29 AM  
Blogger nadinebug said...

Hey u awesome person u...how is my other cuzz doing?? Did i hear some good news?? Miss you lots, and talk to you soon..bye bye

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home